03 Dec Uganda Gorilla Permits Reduced $ 400
As the entire world tries to re-open the tourism industry, after the COVID-19 impact, today Uganda joins various countries that have waved service costs for the tourists interested to visit Uganda’s tourist destinations and especially the endangered mountain gorillas’ destinations.
Therefore, the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) a custody of Uganda’s tourism conservation is pleased to inform the entire world that it will be running a festive season price discount in the interest of attracting and giving back to the travelers willing to visit Uganda after the long period of lock-down worldwide and they can experience discounted gorilla safari in Bwindi or Mgahinga Gorilla National Park in 2020 – 2021.
Our visitors are at the heart of our conservation efforts and as we enter into this festive season, we are glad to be able to reward them for their continued support throughout the years and more especially through this period of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following discounts have been offered with effect from 1st December 2020 to 31st March 2021
- a) 50% discount on park entrance fee for Lake Mburo National Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Kidepo Valley National Park, Murchison Falls National Park, Semuliki National Park, Toro Semliki Wildlife Reserve, Katonga Wildlife Reserve, Kabwoya Wildlife Reserve and Pian Upe Wildlife Reserve.
- b) 50% discount on birding fees.
- c) Reduction on gorilla and chimpanzee tracking fees for all visitor categories as follows.
- East African Community citizen gorilla tracking permits reduced from UGX 250,000 to UGX 150,000
- Foreign Resident gorilla tracking permits reduced from USD 600 to USD 300
III. Foreign Non-Resident gorilla tracking permits reduced from USD 700 to USD 400
- East African Community resident chimpanzee tracking permits reduced from UGX 150,000 to UGX 100,000
- Foreign Resident chimpanzee tracking permits reduced from USD 150 to USD 100
- Foreign Non-Resident chimpanzee tracking permits reduced from USD 200 to USD 150
The reduction on gorilla and chimp fees will only apply to new purchases between 1st December 2020 and 31st March 2021 and not on reschedules of already deposited on permits or purchases using credit letters. No reschedules will be allowed for these promotional permits.